- March 2016: SuperGPS project started! The SuperGPS project is a collaboration of our group at VU University with colleagues at the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences and the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science at Delft University of Technology. The project is funded through technology foundation STW with support from stakeholders including KPN, OPNT, VSL, TNO, and Fugro Geoservices.
- February 2016: Four new papers out!
"Probing QED and fundamental constants through laser spectroscopy of vibrational transitions in HD+,"
J. Biesheuvel, J.-Ph. Karr, L. Hilico, K.S.E. Eikema, W. Ubachs, J.C.J. Koelemeij,
Nat. Commun. 7, 10385 (2016)
see also the press release by FOM and the Volkskrant news article
"Theoretical hyperfine structure of the molecular hydrogen ion at the 1 ppm level,"
V.I. Korobov, J.C.J. Koelemeij, L. Hilico, J.-Ph. Karr, Phys. Rev. Lett. 116, 053003 (2016)
"Physics beyond the Standard Model from hydrogen spectroscopy,"
W. Ubachs, J.C.J. Koelemeij, K.S.E. Eikema, E.J. Salumbides, J. Mol. Spectr. 320, 1-12 (2016)
"White Rabbit Precision Time Protocol on Long Distance Fiber Links,"
E.F. Dierikx, A.E. Wallin, T. Fordell, J. Myyry, P. Koponen, M. Merimaa, T.J. Pinkert, J.C.J. Koelemeij, H. Peek, R. Smets, IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelectr. Freq. Control., E-publication ahead of print (2016)
- February 2016: Cottonwood Euro Technoloy Fund invests 500 kE in our spin-off company OPNT BV
- November 2015: Travel grant extension awarded to the molecular hydrogen spectroscopy teams at VU Amsterdam and LKB Paris by the EP Nuffic Van Gogh Programme.
- May 2015: our team participates in ME 15 EU H2020 project 'ASTERICS'