University Research Fellowship for a Masters Students in the research team of Prof. Dr. Wim Ubachs
Scholarship for a Masters Student (of 10,000 Euros - taxable)|
The Vrije Universiteit has selected me as a top researcher who will be endowed with a University Research Fellowship: such a fellowship/scholarship is intended for a masters students who aims at working closely with the recipient.
For the academic year 2017-2018 I am looking for a Masters student, preferably from the joint VU-UvA physics curriculum who will carry out a research project, but will also assist in additional tasks. The research project may focus on:
- Precision measurements with lasers on molecular hydrogen to probe physics beyond the Standard Model
- Spectroscopy of tritium containing species
- Detection and characterization of carbon-based molecules in connection to astrochemistry
- Light scattering of dilute and dense gases
- Analysis of molecular spectra obtained at the SOLEIL synchrotron (with a visit to SOLEIL/Paris)
- Performing studies in varying constants of nature
- Work in EUV nanolithography (ARCNL)
As additional task for the student: he/she may help us writing WIKI pages on the subject of the research of the VU team at LaserLaB.
If you are interested contact me via e-mail: email@example.com
The deadline for application is 1st July 2017.
See the FLYER for the URF program of Vrije Universiteit.