Physics is an extremely broad and dynamic science. Our department consists of about 55 staff members and 70 postdocs and PhD students, and 350 students that follow bachelor and master degrees in Physics, Medical Natural Sciences and Science, Business and Innovation.
The frontier of high-energy physics is "the even smaller" and that of astrophysics is "the ever larger". Ultimate aim is to unravel the mechanisms underlying our present theory of particle physics and enhance our understanding of the structure and evolution of the cosmos.
- Wim Ubachs has been elected Fellow of the American Physical Society
- VU’s spin-off Optics11 ranked 7th place in the MKB Innovatie Top 100
- SBI bachelor programma internationaal in de schijnwerper
- Nieuw algoritme legt onontdekt heroriëntatiegedrag C. elegans bloot
- KPN Ventures invests in VU spin-off OPNT BV through Cottonwood fund
- Jo van den Brand in De Volkskrant
- Hoe ons lichaam de eindjes aan elkaar knoopt om gebroken DNA te herstellen
- New investment for VU spin-off Optics11
- Rikard Fristedt received the FESPB Award
- Fundamental test of mesoscopic detailed balance in living systems
- New technique enables direct measurements of a cardiac cycle
- New method allows surgeons to identify brain tumours in real time
- ERC-Advanced Grant awarded to Kjeld Eikema
- EU Innovative training network grant for Biophysics.